Tuesday, February 23, 2010

At Work

It is amazing how my first day at work is going; it's simply too good to be true! We arrived at 8 am and see our supervisor, Sara Gateley, she was just walking through the stairs and waved to us. She helped us get our badges to get into the company. Then we headed upstairs to our office, it's on the 22nd floor of the building. The building is so big, it consists of 42 floors!


Then she gave us instructions about how to begin work and fit in at the company. At 9am we were invited to a breakfast on the 41st floor, hosted by the most kind and lovable person in the company, Debra Hollingsworth. If I wanted to describe this woman, I would simply say that she is an angel filled with life and action. She invited so many people to the breakfast, and introduced us to all of them!


All of us were sitting and everyone gave a little introduction about who they are and what they do in the company, then we started eating. Then she brought us some gifts, one of them is the flip camera, which appears in the picture below.

Flip UltraHD Camcorder, 120 Minutes (Black)

After we had this lovely breakfast and met all these wonderful people, we exchanged our emails and telephone to keep in touch. In fact, everybody was giving me their address and telling me whenever I want any help, they will be more than happy to provide it.

I am going back to my office, so excited to start work again at AT&T. The staff thinks very well, and plans everything. They tell us that we will explore, how the company works, and what is the software lifecycle. Then we decided in what teams we want to work. When it was about 11 o'clock, Debra Hollingsworth took us to a restaurant. She was so nice, that she read our bios, and asked for our dietary restrictions. Since she knows that I am vegetarian, she took us to a Thai restaurant, because they have a variety of veggie food.

        Debra Hollingsworth and me

No comments:

Post a Comment